Saturday, January 29, 2011

24 Hr Challenge for January & What's Going On With Me


This is the sketch I had to follow to do my LO for Scrappin-n-Chattin's(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scrappin-n-chattin/) 24 Hour Challenge. I titled it "family" since it is my dad, stepmom- Tammy, Tyler, and Emily in the pics. The paper is Basic Grey Oliver Sam with BG Oliver Jordan (diagonal stripes) and BG Oliver Austin (red/white) photo mats. Yes, I Googled those names to get the right page names! ;) The border at the bottom is also part of the Basic Grey Oliver Collection sticker set. The journaling states that "pics taken 11-24-10. Daddy, Tammy, & Tyler came to visit us & other family for the week of Thanksgiving. Both pics were taken in Emily & Scott's living room. Obviously, Scott isn't in either picture. I believe he took the bottom pic of Emily, Daddy, Tyler, and me. These pictures were taken right before Daddy, Tammy, Tyler, & I left to go to Plymouth to my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving & before the crying." Then in parentheses "see left side"- "Leaving is always the hardest!"  I chose this page because of Tyler and his love for animals and monkeys in particular! He loves Curious George and my dad used to call me & Emily "monkeys" when we were little. I probably should have titled the LO that instead, but family seemed more appropriate! To be honest, family was already on a tag, monkeys wasn't! ;) I didn't really put a whole lot into this LO, because I was tired and chatting on FB and playing FarmVille all at the same time! It was late this morning when I finished it, also. I figured the paper had enough on it that it didn't need the extra embellishments!

My scrapbooking may be taking the back burner soon. TJ Maxx called me back this past week and I decided to take them up on their offer. I'm going to stay with Party Suppliers, my current job and work with TJ Maxx. I need to get caught up on bills and it will be good experience. I can't wait to buy more clothes honestly and will be able to with my discount! ;) I'll just have to watch my spending!! Please keep me in prayers as I begin this new experience! I pray I get some rest between the two jobs as well! I have a feeling I'll be working at TJ Maxx more than Party Suppliers, but maybe I'll still have a day off between the two jobs! That might be wishful thinking! I shall soon see! Have a great weekend and thanks for letting me share my scrapbooking and new job experience with you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice LO!
And good luck for your new job!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...