Friday, December 23, 2011

Dec MLC & D is for Disney Paper Dolls


I made this LO using the above sketch for Scrappin-n-Chattin. My grandmother gave me this pic for Christmas. It's the only pic I didn't get with my camera the day of the wedding, so I was excited when I saw this pic! The journaling states that "This is the first picture of both families together just before the wedding of Mr Raffael and Helen (my grandmama)." The main background paper is Recollections Floral Patchwork. I thought it fit with this picture symbolizing the 2 families joining as one. The picture is actually all the grandkids and great-grandkids from both sides, but it's still 2 families! The red fabric strips are from a blog candy I won sometime last year. The "summer" brad is from the bottle swap I was in, the floral brads are some I bought from either Walmart or Target as a set with other embellies, the journaling tag is a set I bought years ago as well as the paper mat behind the picture.

I made this LO for the "D is for" challenge with Scrappin-n-Chattin. The journaling states that "Mama gave Kylee Disney Princesses Sparkling Paper Dolls for Christmas. Aino,  her Nini, is helping her with them." The paper is Recollections Fairy Tale My Prince. There's a frog under the journaling block, but I covered him up since my niece is just 4 and nowhere near interested in boys like that yet! The stickers are Sandy Lion Disney Princess, the ribbon is Recollections from Michaels- I thought it would fit well with this LO, & the journaling block is from Storytellers Club Pear-Adise. I decided to use sparkly letters for the word "Paper" since Kylee's dolls are sparkly. I don't know if you can see the John Deere tractor, well just the trailer and the little trucks, but her brother is just 1 yr 10 mos older so they play together well. She was using the tractor to pull her dolls in! LOL! Her shirt has "Drama Queen" on it, too, so this paper and ribbon really fits with the paper! She's just starting to talk and cut-up, too. I'm going to try to attempt a 2 pg LO tonight, so be looking back on her tomorrow or maybe after Christmas for a pic of it! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

great layout Amanda. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Theresa! Merry Christmas to you & your family as well!! :)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...