Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Lighthouse Collection

I made this LO for Scrappin-n-Chattin's List LO challenge for this month. Since I love to collect lighthouse replicas I decided to do a page on them! The paper is Paper House Productions Minnesota Collage. They're website is http://www.paperhouseproductions.com/ and I found this in a pack of 5 at Big Lots for $1!! I love getting good deals and Big Lots is the place for that! :) The ribbon is American Crafts Peachy Keen; the flowers are Studio G Paper Flowers; the background paper behind the title, pic, and journaling is one Authentique Gathering 6x6 sheet; the gems/blue swirl are EK Success Rainbow ; and the anchor was from a RAK that came with a star fish, a shell fish, and maybe something else.  I don't remember they were all in a little plastic baggy! The journaling states the names of the lighthouses "(From Top to Bottom & Left to Right): 1. Cape Canaveral, FL; 2. Cape Hatteras; 3. Ponce de Leon, FL; 4. Cape May, NJ; 5. Currituck Light (candle); 6. St. Simon's Island Light; 7. Ocracoke Light; 8. Cape Lookout; 9. Oak Island Light; 10. Bass Harbor Light- Bar Harbor, ME." The lighthouse plaque behind the last lighthouse in my journaling is a Bible verse: "To walk with Him is to walk in light. The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear?" Psalm 27:1.
Here's a close-up of it! It was a gift from my grandmama. Cape Hatteras is my favorite of all the lighthouses I have! It might be because of what this verse states that the Lord is our light and we shouldn't be afraid. Cape Hatteras has always fascinated me and I got a chance to see it after it was moved. I went at night to see it before it was moved and tried taking a pic and it was too foggy and the picture doesn't even show a lighthouse, but I know it was there!  I decided not to make this LO as elaborate as most of my LOs, because of the paper.

I just received a call from TJ Maxx to inform me that the truck is cancelled for tomorrow which means I'm off until Sunday! It's good to be off, but not good for my pocketbook! I may do some scrappin again tomorrow. I know I'm gonna get my haircut and watch American Idol, Grey's Anatomy, & Private Practice! American Idol starts tonight at Savannah, GA! Let the laughs and singing begin!! Friday night is Special Needs Movie Night at my church, Saturday morning there's a Cupcake War from 8am-2pm at New Bern Farmer's Market. I want to go see the Cupcake War, because I love watching the show on the Food Network! I don't know if I'll be able to see all of it, because that's along time to watch and my BIL is flying to CT from NB that same morning to help my dad move! I can't wait to see my dad, stepmom, and Tyler next Saturday!! :) TFL!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

great layout. my sister would love your collection, as she collects lighthouses too.

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Theresa! I can always count on you for comments on my blog! :)

Dawn said...

Pretty layout. Great idea for a layout for something you collect. I enjoyed reading the details of what light houses they are. Also liked the light house background paper.
WE go ofen to Maine and see the Nubble. I have picts of it in most every season. They decorate and light it for Christmas. Those are my fav picts.

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...