Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day & My Take on Sketchabilities Sketch #65


I decided to put my Valentine gifts (except for the candy of course) in my SMASH book! My mom made the heart doily (sp?)  with a Special Needs class last year and I should have opened it up and took a pic, but didn't. It's kinda like a stained glass window with different colored tissue paper squares glued on top of each other. The Valentine card was a gift from Tyler that I received in the mail. He wrote his name in it! :) The sentiment inside says, "You have a special place in God's heart AND MINE! Happy VALENTINE'S DAY God is love. 1 John 4:8 NIV". It made my day when I saw it in the mail and opened it! It's the little things! I wrote under "Today's Favorite Playlist " the highlights of my day: "1. Valentine gifts- card from Tyler & heart from Mama & Mr. Ray; 2. Moulin Rouge- I heart Ewan MacGregor & all the music- I watched part of it; 3. walked to store for lunch- 2 hot dogs, Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream chips, Little Debbie Brownie, & a 32 oz cup of Pepsi; and 3. Made cards for my parents and sent e-cards." The paper behind the heart on the left page has "WELL HEY THERE, COWBOY." on it and the other side has a pic of a woman in computer generized print on it, so I thought Valentine's would fit with these pages! The flower, pink heart, & love chipboards are Studio G, the little stickers are Sticko Lucy Lu, the orange chipboard heart is American Craft, the pear journaling block is Basic Grey Pyrus, and the hearts buttons are some I bought from Walmart in the sewing section. The journaling states, "I'm not much of a Valentine's mushy/feely person! I don't say 'I love you' openly, but show it in my actions!"

I decided to follow the Sketchabilities sketch for the LO below it. I entitled it "Rugged" because the boys are playing with their toys and they're boys! ;) I used DCWV All About Boys Stack & Basic Grey Oliver on everything except for the journaling block is Story Tellers Club/ Dream. The ribbon is some I bought from a LSS and decided to attach the ribbon with a brad instead of knotting it. The journaling states that "Tyler & Landen are second cousins, but only about a year apart in age. They get along so well! Dustin is ready to go home and is already asleep for the ride!" I decided to highlight the words "wheels", "memory", and "sounds" to go along with the pictures. Wheels for the trucks, memory for Buzz Lightyear on Tyler's shirt and a robot pic under the word "memory", and "sounds" since Tyler is covering his ears! I love the sparkle that comes out with my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen! :)  TFL!

5 comments:

dstandard said...

Such a lovely page! So glad you played with us this week!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

What a precious layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!

Salnclts said...

Thanks, I enjoyed the sketch and making the LO! :)

Ella Swan said...

What a sweet layout Amanda - thanks for joining us at Sketchabilities!

Victoria Freze said...

lovely layout! thanks for playing with Sketchabilities this week!

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...