Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Spring & SMASH entry of Gables Run

 I made this LO for Scrappin-n-Chattin's Scene challenge for this month. We were to include a picture of a scene in our LO. I chose my church's playground! The paper/pic mat is Me & My Big Ideas Sunshine, the ribbon is American Crafts Spring Ribbon, "It's Spring" is Basic Occasions Seasons Pack, Fun Times Ahead ticket is My Little Shoebox- I wrote "Broad Creek Christian Church playground", the Winnie Pooh sticker is Hallmark stickers, the little stickers are Sticko Lucy Lu, the flower is from my stash, the sentiment- "It's love that makes the world go round" is Creative Imginations, and the butterfly/flower square is also Basic Occasions Seasons Pack. I bought the MAMBI Sunshine Specialty pad from Michaels on clearance for $7.99 this past week and really wanted to scrap with it, so I did Thursday night while watching American Idol! I look forward to using more of this pad since it looks like I'll be going to the beach more this summer with Doug & Laura!
I made this entry Thursday afternoon. I was in a scrapping mood Thursday! :)  The journaling block states that "I learned how to would love to learn how to: helped clean 16 stalls & learned to overlook smell, led Bella & Pirate from pasture to their stalls in the barn, drove UTB about 5ft from stall to stall to put dung in trailer connected to it, rode UTB with Laura in the woods to dump the dung & almost got stuck in the mud, got a sunburn on my back while watching Laura's riding lesson 2-29-12." The pics are inside of the barn. The pic on the right page is of "Bella waiting to be brushed and prepped for riding lesson." The journaling on the left page tells that "I had never been in a horse barn, so I decided to take pics. This is before the stalls were cleaned! Doug & Laura McGinnis work/live on Gables Run Equesterian Center. Laura takes riding lessons on Pirate & has a pony, Peanut. She also works at Lynnaire Kennels. Laura & I have become good friends. She asked me to watch her riding lesson & I ended up helping her clean stalls & spending most of the day with her. It will be a Leap Day I will never forget!" I was gonna tell of my concert highlights, too, but I'm tired and need to get to bed before I lose an hr of sleep! lol I will post about it soon! I need to get the pics developed that I took- 43 total! Well the ones on my cell phone I can't develop, but will figure out how to upload them to FB at least! TFL!

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...