Sunday, March 25, 2012

March MLC



I made this LO following the above sketch and recipe for Scrappin-n-Chattin's March Monthly Layout Contest. As you can tell, I flipped the sketch. The stripes are behind the top pic of 55. The animal is my cat, 55. I used Tim Holtz Stickles Gold and an American Crafts Black ink pen for my doodling. There's also doodling on the paper already at the bottom. The face on "Santa's Little Helper" is coral, the journaling text is coral, and the ribbon on the present is coral. The journaling states that "55 loves to mess with the tree and he just happened to be doing good for a split second laying by the presents! He was probably worn out from being chased all over the living room and resting up to chase after paper & bows! I love how his eyes and the picture are glowing from the flash and the presents!"  Both pictures were taken this past Christmas 2011. The paper is Recollections Bright and Jolly, as are the little blocks on the side & bottom; the red dotted paper is Cloud 9 Design Sparkle Celebration Dots Cinnamon Stick (from a Colorbok collection from Big Lots); the green strip is Martha Stewart Punch Pad; I used Stickles Red, Green, Crystal, Clear, & Gold on the trees (love me some Stickles :-) ); both pic mats are K&Company Christmas; the bottom left gift is actually from a birthday sticker collection, as are the stars (don't remember manufacturer); and the chipboard gift is Basic Grey/Life of the Party. I'm going to post another entry about the pony party I helped out with today and made a SMASH book entry tomorrow night. It's getting late and I need to get to bed soon. TFL! :)

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Very nice layout amanda and I love your journaling about 55.

Vicki said...

Great layout.

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Sandi & Vicki!! It's true, Sandi! He didn't turn the tree over this year, but we didn't keep it up long either.

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...