Friday, June 28, 2013

Flip Flops Made Over & My Birthday Cake

 I got the idea to redo this flip flops on Pinterest and decided to change it up a little! I bought a pair of Creatology flip flops and one hot pink bandanna from Michaels and spent $4 on both! I have to cut the excess off the back and glue the knots down, but they're basically done! I'm giving them to my sister for her bday on July 4! I'm going to go back in a few weeks and pick out a pair for myself and a bandanna from their collection to make a pair for me!! They're very easy to do, you just cut off the plastic straps and add the bandanna or whatever type of fabric you'd like. Michaels suggested using a tank top, but their tank tops are $9! I was on a budget of a $10 gift card! I did buy a Xyron Create A Sticker refill cartridge for myself!
My birthday was yesterday, June 27, and this is my cake before it was cut! Ice cream-chocolate & vanilla with chocolate chips with yellow cake from Harris Teeter! Harris Teeter is a local upscale grocery store compared to Food Lion or Piggly Wiggly. They have more worldly foods and sometimes have good deals compared to the others! The cake is yummy! No, I'm not 10, lol, it's 3 & 7 for 37! It's already half gone! :) I hope you all have a great weekend! TFL!

4 comments:

lorby said...

The cake looks yummy so I'm sure it was. I love what you did with the flip flops. I'm sure that will make them feel better between the toes. :)

Maria Matter said...

isn't Pinterest wonderful?! lol your flip flop makeover is fabulous Amanda!!
Belated Happy Birthday to you!
enjoy your weekend!

Noteable Scraps said...

Love the flip flops, and happy belated birthday!! :-)

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Jearisa, Maria, and Debbi! :)

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...