Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday!

 I followed the above sketch from Dahlhouse Designs (http://dahlhouse-designs.com/) to make this birthday card. I tilted the sketch to go with the flow of the PP! I've been on a roll making birthday cards lately! ;)
 The paper is K&Company Jubilee Teal Flowers & Butterfly. The tag is a Pinterest find from The Cottage Market (http://www.thecottagemarket.com), the butterfly & "Happy Birthday" stamps are Skipping Stone Designs, and the baker's twine is from Heather Lynn. I decided to use Stickles to color in the butterfly! I used Waterfall (the light blue), Golden Rod, Silver, and Crystal.
 The purple paper is also K&Company (it's double sided) and was given to me by Niki, I believe. The hearts journal card is another Pinterest find from http://www.misstina.com. I added the ribbon with it both are American Crafts Premium Ribbon and the bling is from my stash. The butterfly cut-outs were a RAK from Ashley, and the little flower in the corner was from a bottle swap I was in a few years back. I had Stickles in the middle of the flower, but it didn't set right so I covered it with a rainbow bling/dot!
 The sentiment "The more you celebrate in life the more there is to celebrate" is Skipping Stone Designs.
The little butterflies are also from Ashley. She gave me a whole bunch of butterflies and hearts that she made with her Cricut that she decided she didn't want! :) The "With Love" sticker is Studio G and I wrote my name and 2013 for the year I made it! My stepsister's 19th birthday is coming up in a week, well almost 2, July 15 and I may give her this card! Today is my stepbrother's birthday. We celebrated early since he'll probably be with his mom later tonight and we have church. My sister's birthday is Thursday and I can't wait to give her the flip flops that I posted in my last blog post and the cupcake birthday card a few posts down! I'm going to spend the end of this week with her, my dad, stepmom and Tyler and can't wait! It will just be from Thursday-Saturday, but it's still time away from home and time spent with them! I hope you all have a great 4th! TFL!

3 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

Yay, you played along!!! I adore your little tag and how it mimics the center of the sketch. Your paper is just lovely and you have the nicest friends to share their supplies. Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch!!!

Salnclts said...

Thanks, Lisa! I've been hoarding that paper & still have a few scraps! I may have bought the same sheet several times. LOL! I love butterflies! :)

whoistracy said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment Amanda! Just love this!!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...