Friday, August 23, 2013

Lucky Me


 I made this LO following the sketch above from Scrapping Everyday Miracles (http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com.2013/08/august-sketch-challenge.html). The twist was to use a butterfly on our layout, so I used A LOT of butterflies! The paper is SEI Chocolat Cherie. I've been hoarding this sheet and been waiting to use it until the right time! ;) I bought it from Michaels on clearance for $0.79. The price tag was stuck in a corner of the sheet, but I was able to pull it up. There's still a little stickiness from the price tag, but it's not that noticeable. The middle paper is K&Company Urban Rhapsody. I had to have some masculine feel to this page and this strip fit that part! The ribbon is American Crafts Premium Ribbon Spring Pink, yes more butterflies! The tag is from K&Company Cut N Paste Tag Pad, I thought it fit so well with this page! The ribbon on the tag is from Heather Lynn. The butterfly sticker is K&Company that came with a mini album set that I originally was going to put this picture in, but I don't have anymore pictures of the Clydesdales. The photo mat is from Basic Grey Curio 6x6 paper pad. The title "Lucky Me" is from a DCWV pad that I bought from TJMaxx. I thought it fit with this page since I was so lucky to see the Budweiser Clydesdales in person and not on TV!
I realized after I took the pic that you couldn't really read the journaling so I decided to take a close up of the tag! I know my handwriting isn't very neat, but I did the best I could! You can see why I'd rather type out my journaling! TFL and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

I like your journaling :) the butterfly is so pretty, Amanda.
Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles Sketch Challenge :)

Unknown said...

No worries about the handwriting....It's you and that is what is important. Not how you write but what you write.

Thanks for joining us at SEM

blsd2scrp said...

such lovely work! thanks for sharing with us over at SEM!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...