Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hotel Bethlehem

First of all, do you like my new background?! I've been wanting to change it away from the pink for awhile and purple is my favorite color so this works. Yes, I love rock music! I don't know how to play a guitar, but who knows I might learn one day! ;)
Back to my LOs! Hotel Bethlehem was a Children's program put on by the kids of Broad Creek Christian Church in the early 2000s, 2001 (?). Anyway, I've wanted to scrap them and I know they're poor quality pictures, but you can still kinda make out who's in the pic. It was before we had stage lights- I don't know if you can see the spotlights all along the stage! Poor kids! I made both of these LOs for Yahoo Scrappin-n-Chattin (http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/scrappin-n-chattin/info) for the Chalkboard Challenge and the Button-Up Challenge for January. The paper I used in the above LO is Monte Paper Mill Take 2 Classic Pictures that I won from Housecalls by Scrappin' Madge (http://heartstringdesigns.blogspot.com/) September Hello Gorgeous kit and the blue action flair button at the bottom is also from this kit. The title and the journaling in the bottom left square is written in EK SUCCESS Earth Colors Memory Pencils Silver & Gold. The WOW embellie is from my stash, one of the first scrap items I ever bought. I used Tim Holtz Stickles Silver to draw a swirly line under the title as well as under the flair button. The talented sticker is Me & My Big Ideas Soft Spoken Word Embellishments (they come with foam dots on them) and the Life is Good button is Studio Calico Wood Veneer. The stars in the corners are Jolee's All That Bling Red Silver Stars Dimensional Stickers that I found from work- TJ Maxx- for $0.70!! The pic mats are Recollections Fashionably Chic. For the journaling, I wrote Samantha Winfrey, Haylee- innkeeper, Trish & Kaylee Nappo- directors, Kaity Preston, Laurel Revette, Trisha Gable, Kerra & Terra Anderson, Maegan & Melaina Muse, Ashley & Tiffany Donovan, Daniel Smith. I couldn't remember everyone that was in the program, but that's who I saw in the pictures! I only had one of the Classic Pictures pages, so I couldn't do a 2 page LO, but I used some of the same embellishments!
 
 This paper is also from Housecalls by Scrappin' Madge, the same set, and is Echo Park Paper Company All About a Boy by Lori Whitlock Curious. The title, Totally Unique, is from the Girls sticker sheet from Momenta ATD Super Sticker Pack (another TJ Maxx find ;)). The picture mats are Monte Paper Mill Take 2 Picture Frames from the same Hello Gorgeous kit as is the camera sticker- Take 2 Accent Stickers, the banner that I wrote Maegan Muse and the shepherds,the superstar, smile, and welcome to tinseltown stickers. The big star is also Jolee's All that Bling Red Silver Stars. The heart is from the same pack as the WOW! on the previous LO- in my stash. We were required to add 3 buttons or more to the LO for it to be considered a Button-Up LO. I used Michaels Wood Embellishments that also include 3 tags that I will use later. I fed twine thru each button with a needle and had to remove the foam dots that came on these because they stuck to the paper they were on. They were only $2, so that might be why. Now for the close-up pics:
 this sentiment was in a vellum stack that Mrs. Gloria gave me. "These are the magic years... and therefore magic days... and therefore magic moments. author unknown."
This chipboard journaling notebook rectangle is also from the Hello Gorgeous kit and I added 2 more little bling stars. I wrote on it with American Crafts Chromatix Grape 3 and INC. Starlightz Glitter Gel Black. I wish I would have taken close-ups on the buttons they're 4 different designs! TFL and GO BRONCOS!! Sorry, I'm getting excited for the Super Bowl already and hope that the Broncos go all the way this year! :) Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Barbara Greenberg said...

Such a great memory to scrap. It's great when you can finally get old pictures scrapped too.
Way to go

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...