Friday, February 21, 2014

Princess Birthday

I made this card for Miyah, one of the little girls in my Sunday School class. Her 5th birthday party is Saturday at ChicFilA and she's invited the class to come. This is the first party that I have been invited to from any of my students so I'm excited! I bought her a little Melissa & Craig Decorate Your Own flower box from TJ Maxx- I didn't take a picture of it since it's still in plastic their might be a glare. I think she will enjoy it! I used Best Occasions Pearlescent Paper  for the cover and the dancing Cinderella is from Sandy Lion Disney Princess Dancing PP. The princess crown and the castle/crown are from my stash- I bought it for an 8x8 album I made for Haylee and I lost the original packaging. The butterfly sticker is Recollections Kids Sticker Album. The number 5 is Simple Stories Happy Day Expressions Cardstock Stickers that I won from Housecalls by: Scrappin Madge August 2013 Life of the Party kit (http://heartstringdesigns.blogspot.com). The pink crown ribbon is Recollections. The Happy Birthday vellum is from DCWV Colored Vellum Quote Stack Card Sayings and I used Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue to attach it to a strip from Recollections Butterfly Wings Cardstock Paper that was originally 4.5 x 6.5in. I then used Recollections Foam Squares to give the "Happy Birthday" some dimension. Now for the inside of the card.
This is actually the card base and is DCWV Multi Dots Nana's Kids Print PP that I bought from JoAnn's. This is the top of the inside spread. The make a wish sticker is from my stash- I lost the original packaging. Yes, you can tell I really dug through my stash for this card. This is the first card I have made for a child so I was stressing a little bit before I made it. Now that I got my "rant" out of the way, back to my card! The cake sticker is Stickeroni from Hallmark.
The balloon, party hat on the above picture, gift, and the little sticker holding the twine on the balloon are from a birthday collection from my stash. The twine was given to me from Heather (http://heathernovinger.blogspot.com/) from a blog prize I won from her awhile back. The journaling card-where I wrote my note after taking the picture is from my stash- I thought the little design goes with the princess theme. The theme of Miyah's party Saturday is princess so I think I nailed it with this card! She loves to dance is why I included Cinderella on the front. TFL and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Heather Lynn said...

Very cute, Amanda! I am so happy that you are still enjoying your goodies!

Hugs,
HL

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...