Monday, April 7, 2014

Easter Easel Card

I don't remember where I found the template to make easel cards, but this is my second one I've made. I love them!! I have made a pattern to go by so that I can make more of them and glad I did! I made this one a little different from the last one. I made one for Valentine's Day and decided to make one for Easter. The April paper is MAMBI Spring 12x12 kit.The jelly beans stickerand the bunnies in the grass-that I fussy cut- are The Paper Studio Easter Cardstock Stickers. The butterfly is from my stash- most likely Sticko- but I have lost the original packaging. I buy a lot of Sticko stickers! 
 This is the inside on the other side of the top flap. I attached a Easter post-it, but there's not any sticky, so I had to glue it down with Elmer's glue stick. The Some bunny Loves Me is a stamp I borrowed from Debi at my crop this past Friday night and used my Versafine Onyx Black Fine Pigment Ink pad. The inside patterned paper is Close To My Heart Balloon Ride Sorbet double-sided paper. The purple paper is Recollections Butterfly Wings 4.5x6.5" that I cut down to get the right measurements. The CTMH PP is  8 1/2 x 4 1/4" and the Recollections purple paper is 4.50 x (about a hair over) 4.50 and the MAMBI paper is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4". Here's a link to a Splitcoaststampers tutorial: http://youtu.be/7QPHOkRukeQ - this is the tutorial I watched to learn how to make an easel card. I didn't use a ScorPal or some of the things she used since I don't have a ScorPal, but I still got the same design. I had to put some stronger paper behind the MAMBI paper so I centered it on the Recollections paper. The next picture shows a close-up of the eggs and washi tape.
The eggs are The Paper Studio Stickabilities Easter Collection. The washi tape is Oriental Trading Company Pastel Patterned Washi Tape Set. I used 3 strips so that the top would rest on the between the green polka dot strip and the pink diagonal strip. I placed a 4 1/2 x 1 3/4 piece of the Recollections paper at the bottom of the CTMH PP so it matches the front of the card. I'll write a note in the card later if I decide to give it away. TFL and please come back this Saturday, April 12 for an Inspirational Thoughts Blog Hop that I participating in! It's gonna be fun, Pinque Peacock (https://www.facebook.com/PinquePeacock) is sponsoring the hop with a giveaway!! It's gonna be fun! :)

No comments:

Congratulations Winners

      Congratulations to Teresa Godines and 2 suns- winners from my GIU week last week. Please email Kelli Haglund (kelli@unitystampco.com) ...