Friday, May 16, 2014

It's your birthday shout...Hooray!

I love making easel cards! This is the 3rd one I have made! I found the tutorial from splitcoaststampers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPHOkRukeQ). The paper is from Life of the Party kit with Housecalls by Scrappin' Madge (http://heartstringdesigns.blogspot.com/)- the front cover is Simple Stories Happy Day Signature Elements 4x6 Journaling Card Elements that I trimmed down a little. The card base is Simple Stories Happy Day Celebrate- you can't really see it unless you flip the card over. I covered the polka dots side and the stripe side is the back. The brad is Martha Stewart Crafts Modern Fabric Festive Brads that I bought from TJ Maxx about a year ago. The ribbon at the base of the easel that holds the top part of the card up is from my stash. I'd never used it and still have a little bit left to use on another card! The Happy Birthday sticker, Lisa gave me, and it's from a Creative Memories Customer Gift Tinted Tile Stickers set. Now for the inside. I'll explain the bottom strip below.

The numbers paper is from Simple Stories Happy Day 6x6 Paper Pad and the green banner/party strip is as well. The tag, I hope you feel beautiful today,  is a cardstock sticker from Authentique Classique: Elegant 6x6 bundle. The camera flair sticker was a freebie media file kit that I can't remember where I found it online right now. I'm not having any luck finding the name of the website. The little dots are rainbow dots/bling that are in my stash. I have lost the original packaging. I made this card for Shannon, the online friend of mine that used to be a Close To My Heart consultant. She's turning 40 next Tuesday and I wanted to make her a special card. She's going to love it! I even drew a box around the numbers 4 & 0 at the top with my 80s Glam Valley Girl Violet Sharpie. (Purple is my favorite color so it is my go to color in scrappin!) I added my note with a brad and another piece of the Happy Day 6x6 pad, I just didn't take a picture of that part. I put it in the mail today so that she will get it on time! TFL and have a great weekend! Don't forget Saturday is Armed Forces Day and don't forget to thank a soldier or a police officer for their service to the US!

1 comment:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Such a sweet, colorful card, Amanda! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a little love on my blog! It is sooo appreciated! Hugs!

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...