Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Scrap Layouts and a Wedding Card

I made these layouts at my last Crop Night the beginning of June and am just getting around to sharing. It's been a busy month for me with VBS at church and volunteering a lot at Tryon Palace!
I made this layout for a challenge with http://scrapbook.com and the challenge was to consist of 5 things: 1. stripes
2. glittery
3. cursive font
4. word(s) on a picture
5. Something with the letter "b". My stripes are a photo mat and is from Carta Bella Giddy Up! 6x6 Paper Pad. I used Stickles Clear Star for the glittery on the stripes and a few places on the photo mat above on the baseballs. The cursive font is the title- Play Ball and is EK SUCCESS Jolee's Boutique Play Ball Dimensional Stickers as is the baseball and catcher's mitt. The patterned paper itself is Steve's Pages by Sugartree that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I wrote on the main picture with a red Sharpie that they were saying "The pledge of allegiance even though the flag wasn't there!" My something beginning with the letter "b" is ball or baseball. The picture mat under the main picture is from DCWV All About Boys 12x12 stack that I trimmed down to fit under the picture and I made it a little bigger so the baseballs, bats, footballs, basketballs, and stars are visible.
This is a close-up of the picture. Sorry the writing is hard to see, but it is at the top written over the trees and dugout.
This is a close-up of the stripes mat and the picture of the tee for those that didn't want the pitcher to pitch the ball to them and you can see the bats on the ground. I forgot to mention the bats sticker is also apart of the Jolee's Boutique Play Ball Collection. The picture mat under the picture of the balls on the far left is from American Crafts Dots & Stripes 6x6 in Paper Pad that I bought from TJ Maxx. The journaling to the left of the bats/tee picture paper is from Pebbles Lakeside 6x6 in Paper Pad- another TJ Maxx find-- it pays to be a TJ Maxx Associate! :) I wrote on the paper that Special Needs Baseball is for Special Needs children & adults that meets every Saturday in April and May. They don't play to win or keep score- they just play!
This layout is of pictures taken the end of May at the James Farrow Reunion. My mom's side of the family gets together every summer with my stepgrandfather's family- there's so many in both families that we can't get together at Christmas. The patterned paper is from Me & My Big Ideas Sunshine 12x12 Specialty Pad. The green family paper in the middle is from Colorbok Home Collection- "fun & family you home and home is where the heart is" is imprinted on the paper. I used Cricut Jasmine cartridge to make the title on red paper from DCWV Scrapbook Kit in a Stack Love & Wedding 8x8 in pad. I decided not to mat these pictures so that the background paper would show.
I had to hide the journaling under the bottom left picture so I used Authentique Paper Elegant 6x6 paper pad for the mat and wrote on it with a purple ink pen. I attached it with a light green brad from my stash. The journaling tells who is in each picture counterclockwise: Jonathan is wearing Zoe's hat while shooting a baket & John is looking on. Michelle, Matt, and Zoey on swing- Mr. Raffael's daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter. John, Jonathan, Ben,& John are playing frisbee toss in the other pictures. I have a few more pictures to scrap from this day that I will be sharing soon. 

I made this wedding card thinking I was going to be in a blog hop, but I misunderstood.
I decided to make this card for Lisa and Patrick. They're getting married sometime in the fall. I'm already ahead of the game! She is a friend of mine that comes to the Crop Night at church once a month and we keep in touch on Facebook and on the phone. The card base is part of DCWV Scrapbook Kit in A Stack Love & Wedding that I trimmed down to 4x5 using a Thank You card as my template. The front rose cover paper is also from the same stack. The lace and Congratulations vellum is from my stash as are the purple bling. Now for the inside:

The tag is from K&Company Tag Pad. The white ribbon is actually 3 Girl JAM (http://www.3girljam.com) crinkled antique white ribbon from the Pink and White Bundle. I love 3 Girl JAM!! The sentiment vellum is from the same collection as the Congratulations vellum, but I'm unsure of the name DCWV Colored Vellum Stack maybe. The sentiment states "Wishing you both on this special day- long life. Great Joy. Much Love. Happy Days. Good luck. Sweet times... through all your years." I thought the hydrangea tag would look perfect in this wedding card. Lisa's favorite color is purple, so I had to include the purple bling on the front!  TFL! I'm probably not going to be posting anything this week unless I decide to do my SMASH challenge. My birthday is Friday and I plan to do something fun with Lisa- she's surprising me and I can't wait! My sister and stepbrother's birthdays are next week on the 4th of July and the day before. I'll share their cards before their birthdays! Have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Great work! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

SandeeNC said...

You have been a busy camper, glad you are squeezing in some crafty time for yourself! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...