Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy Birthday!

I made this card for my Granddaddy late last night. His 91st birthday is this Saturday. He has dementia & a broken hip and lives in a nursing home. He doesn't remember any of us, his family, but I wanted to send this card to show I still love and care about him. The card base is Studio G, a new find at Michaels, the front is actually the new hexagon design, but I covered it. I'll be making more without covering it! ;) The green paper is from Pebbles Lakeside 6x6 paper pad- I trimmed it down to fit the card- found at TJ Maxx (I love finding scrapbook supplies at work), the watermelon/apples patterned paper is Recollections. The happy birthday vellum is from my stash. I didn't want to add anything else to the front since the paper is busy enough.
 This is the inside left side of the card that I covered with a Recollections Kraft paper that I trimmed down to fit the card. The hexagon design actually shows on the inside as well. I have an idea floating in my head on a future card! :) The heart is from an Itty Bitty that I won from Unity Stamp Company as part of a 25 bag assortment! The celebrate square is from Simple Stories Oh Happy Day 6x6 pad. I used Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink to stamp the heart. I'm surprised how long this ink pad has lasted- a little over 2 years!! I highly recommend it! You must stamp it on a flat surface to get a good quality stamp- in other words take your project off your craft mat- I have learned that!!
TFL! Have a great week! :)

No comments:

A Day At the Beach

I made this card for a swap yesterday and am just getting around to blogging about it. I'm entering this card in  The Sisterhood of Craf...